Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's In My Garden Now? A Fall Salad

Tonight's salad - all fresh from the garden!


Mesclun lettuce mix
Swiss chard
Radishes
Cherry Tomatoes
Green Pepper

To accent the strong ingredients, I added crumbled bleu cheese, sprinkled on some sesame seeds, drizzled it with chunky bleu cheese dressing and tossed on a few bacon bits (real!)

I didn't know what we were having for dinner after I got home from work, took my long walk with the dog down to the river, and then gathered eggs - until I visited my garden.  Once again, I let the harvest determine the menu.  Okay, so we had it with frozen pizza, but it was delish!

I was thrilled to see that after a lot of rain, the collards are ready with young, tender leaves and the broccoli has formed its heads.  They say collard leaves are sweeter after the first frost, but I might not be able to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let's start the conversation. Let me know your thoughts, opinions and questions.