Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Spent $2.25 On An Apple

Yes, that's right.  One apple.  And you guessed it, it was a GIANT Honey Crisp.  It is that time of year.  Make a meal from an apple. 


We chose 3 at the store and didn't realize until we were checking out that I was about to spend almost $8 for 3 apples.  But I'm not one of those people who changes their mind at the checkout when there is a line.

It was worth it.  Juicy.  Crisp.  Delish!  Some people say eating healthy is expensive.  I very much so disagree.  I would have spent more than $2.25 on a bag of chips.  Or a ChickfilA milkshake - which was tempting me until I remembered I had half the apple left in a zipper bag.  Or just about anything else in a drive through.  Or many other snacks purchased at the grocery store - even two-serving snacks, which is what I got from this gi-normous, de-licious apple.

They don't last long.  Honey Crisps have a very short season.  Get yours today!



1 comment:

  1. I miss the Washington apples we used to have!

    ReplyDelete

Please, let's start the conversation. Let me know your thoughts, opinions and questions.